The aim of Life Skills is to:
- Prepare students for career / study pathways available after high school.
- Provide students with a set of functional skills to be proficient members of UAE society after they leave school.
- Prepare students for a future in a dynamic and fast-changing world.
- Develop students into independent learners who take ownership over their learning.
- Prepare students to respond effectively in a national emergency.
Life Skills is only delivered in the boys’ schools from G10. The key themes it covers are:
Resources provided include:
- Scheme of work – TAG
- Text book for each term
- Portfolio tasks
- Answer Sheets for tasks
In 2016 a Health and Physical Education programme was introduced. PE leads were allocated clusters where they work with PE teachers to bring PE in line with the UK Curriculum for Physical Education. The key aims are to increase physical activity and improve the health of students, while achieving accredited qualifications in Physical Education. With obesity at worryingly high levels in the UAE the project is looking to reduce these statistics and improve the health and well-being of the students.
As students progress and in preparation for national service, grades 10, 11 and 12 will be following an apprenticeship style model whereby the skills and knowledge they learn will help prepare them for entry into the military and give them a clear pathway for progression.